Sunday, 9 February 2014

Slog #3 (Week 5) Why I Don't Like Cheese

I don't like cheese. And when assignment 1 has to do with cheese, my hatred for it grows even more. I do like cheese on pizza. And Kraft Dinner. And lasagna.

Okay, seriously though. I've stared at some sections, and I don't get it.

EDIT: I still dont get it

EDIT 2: I GET IT.

EDIT 2.5: On a serious note, today we spent more time refining our ability to code recursively. I think that recursion requires a certain mindset, and that eventually over time one will adapt and be able to use it at ease. One of the difficulties I find with recursion is finding the base case and tracing the recursive program overall. I see recursion as taking a problem and making it smaller, until we are able to tackle the small problem with ease. But tracing our way to the small problem can require so many steps that one can get lost in it. An example is when I tried to use the M(n) (least number of steps) function, I had a difficult time trying to implement it because I wasn't thinking with the proper recursive mindset. But eventually, it clicked. Fellow coders, good luck on assignment 1.

EDIT 3: Oh ho ho you clever *******s.

EDIT 4: In class today, Danny went over the towers of hanoi. One of his explanations helped me get over a ditch I've been stuck in for a few hours now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment